Youth Environmental Education Congress (YEEC)
as a side event of THE 11th WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION CONGRESS (WEEC) Prague, Czech Republic
13 - 17 March 2022
A unique event driven by young people who are changing the world by being active within civic and environmental challenges and promoting the enhancement of their education and steps for a long-term future.
About YEEC: An event focusing on the support and development of youth with active participation in public affairs, education, environmental, climate and sustainability issues. Bringing together active youths from around the world to inspire and support one another while experiencing an engaging 5 day program. Together they will deliver a message on youth needs and environmental education at the 11th World Environmental Education Congress and will discuss it with leading world educators and key actors in environmental education.
- open for participants aged 14 - 26* from around the world
- for groups and individuals active in youth civic, environmental, sustainability and educational initiatives and programs (for example Ecoschools, Young reporters, Fridays for Future, Roots and Shoots, Scouts and other national or local programs, movements or initiatives, as well as individuals and non-formal groups engaged in environmental or sustainable topics)
- participants will be asked to introduce their activity at the YEEC (speech or poster/video)
- together they will create and present a message to educators and decision- makers on youth needs in environmental and sustainability education; selected delegates will present it to the audience at WEEC
- all parts of the YEEC will be held in English
Program: The event will consist of interactive workshops, seminars, educational excursions and trips, visits to local organisations and sites, round table discussions, team-building, group activities and presentations delivered by famous speakers taking part at WEEC and a final gala evening. Download the more detailed program here.
Form: mostly on-site; some parts will be streamed (approx. 40% of the program will be streamed)
Expected participation fee: will not exceed 140 euro/pp (inclusive of full 5-day program, refreshments and gala evening; transport, accommodation costs, main meals, insurance are not included). Applicants with economically difficult conditions might apply for a discount or subsidy. Organizers are offering help in searching for economical lodging and dining during the event.
Other approximate prices in Prague:
Accommodation … from 350 CZK / 13 euros / night / person,
Breakfast … 150 CZK / 6 euros / person
Lunch … 150 CZK / 6 euros / person
Dinner … 150 CZK / 6 euros / person
Local transport … 100 CZK / 4 euros / day / person
Application: Anyone interested in attending the YEEC has to register via the online form until 31/10/2021. It takes approximately 20-30 minutes to fill out the application. Due to the limited capacity, the completion of the application does not yet confirm your participation. Applicants who register early and show interest to present in front of WEEC will be given priority. You will be informed by 7/11/2021 if you were selected as a participant. Selected participants are then expected to pay a participation fee up to 140 euros and prepare a poster on their activity that will be displayed at the YEEC.
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre of Environmental Education SEVER in cooperation with the WEEC Network and WEEC Program and Organising Committee, Czech Ministry of the Environment, Brontosaurus Movement, the Foundation for Environmental Education, Erasmus+.
*The organizer is not responsible for participants who are minors.