For the first time in its history, the World Environmental Education Congress (WEEC) is offering an opportunity to also participate in the online environment. The reasons are obvious: the difficult pandemic situation shifted most of the environmental and sustainability education (ESE) events to cyberspace in 2020, and while it is reasonable to expect that the situation will improve in the first half of 2021, the on-line alternative seems to have become a new standard. In light of this, we have decided to offer an on-line option for those who cannot come to Prague.
- On-site participation is full participation. Participants who choose on-site participation get a full version of the congress. In addition to the plenary and parallel sessions, it also means participation in the field sessions and field trips. Moreover, they will have full access to all parts of the online platform, so they can access the congress materials a long time before and after the congress dates.
- On-site participation supports networking. Most of the congress time is organized in smaller thematic groups to promote meeting and networking with participants with the same interests. If you are interested in meeting new people, in-depth discussion, and starting new cooperation, then the on-site option is better for you.
- On-site participation is place-based and experiential. Field sessions and field trips are an important part of the congress. If you want to imagine how to link a place with the practice of environmental and sustainability education, if you want to enjoy informal chatting with people from environmental education centres, to get direct experience, then you should come to Prague.
- Both on-site and on-line are safe. Based on the experts, the pandemic situation should be resolved by the middle of 2020, when the vaccination is supposed to be in wide use throughout the population. We hope that lock-downs and travel restrictions will be a distant memory by the end of this year. Nevertheless, we will adopt strict precautions to make the congress as safe as possible.
- On-line participation is more convenient, less expensive, and environmentally-friendly. Despite its clear disadvantages, on-line participation will bring you the meaningful option of participating from your home, with no travel costs and a small discount. While we have adopted a set of measures to minimize the environmental impact of the congress (we will be supplied with organic food from local sources, we will be almost paper-less, and we will offer a CO2 offset), it is clear that not to come always has less environmental impact than to come. Please, consider your reasons for participation: if you just want a basic picture of the trends in the research and practice of ESE, if you are not pursuing new professional contacts, if you have a limited budget or live far from Prague, perhaps this option is better for you.
On-site and On-line in brief:
Notice: If you participate on-site, you will get full access to the on-line platform too. If you participate on-line, you have full access to the on-line platform.
|Prague and surroundings||On-line platform|
|Plenary session||14 and 16 March 2022||Streamed and then available|
|Parallel sessions – on-site presentations||15 – 16 March 2022||Recorded and then available|
|Cross-cutting discussions||15-16 March 2022||Recorded and then available|
|Youth Congress||14-16 March 2022||Recorded and then available|
|Parallel sessions – on-line presentations||Not presented||Uploaded and then available|
|Discussion forum||Not presented||Available in 10/2021-12/2022|
|Exhibition, NGO Forum||14-16 March 2022||Not available|
|Field sessions||17-18 March 2022||Not available|
|Field trips||17-18 March 2022||Not available|
|Side events (EcoFilm, workshops, and other events)||15-18 March 2022||Not available|
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact us!
For the local organizational team,